Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Osama bin Laden and my conflicted emotions

I was hesitant to even say anything about the death of Osama bin Laden but I feel the need to put pen to paper words to blog(?).

I'm having a lot of conflicting emotions about the whole situation and the more information that comes out in the news the more aggravated...frustrated....conflicted I become.

I realize for some this may bring some kind of closure but it wont bring back their loved ones that were wrongfully taken away from them and it wont take away that pain and loss. At the same time bin Laden was an evil man but but he was still a man; a man with a wife and family. Was it necessary for them to kill him in front of his family? I heard a report that his wife was also shot but not killed. Was it necessary to bury him at sea? I understand they, whoever "they" are, don't want to make it possible for a shrine to be built to him but was there no other way?

There has been little on the news about anything other than this topic for days. This in itself has me worried, are we so naive to think that there wont be some type of retaliation?

 And what effect does this have on those that did lose loved ones on 9/11 having to relive those memories and emotions and see the pictures all over again?

Everyone is all up in arms chanting U.S.A.  U.S.A. but a life has been lost and whether he was evil or not...

Will the soldier who took that life forever be seen as a hero or a villain and how will that effect him and his family?


Remember, Beloved, God has no pleasure in the death of the wicked...   Ezekiel 18:23


‎"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
--Martin Luther King, Jr





No comments:

Post a Comment