Saturday, May 23, 2009

Best Smell in the World

You know that smell,the smell of rain, on a warm afternoon. Not a down pour kinda rain that ruins the entire day, but a cool rain shower where the sun is still shining, and there's a light breeze blowing. The smell of the rain the first few minutes of that afternoon shower in the BEST smell in the world. It instantly takes me back to my childhood, playing in the backyard with by best friend, which at the time was my dog Bandit, a giant st. bernard. Birds singing in the trees and those big metal wind chimes playing their song,my parents and grandparents sitting on the back patio talking about "big people stuff" and laughing at my antics in the yard. Its days like that, that I cherish the most from growing up.


Things were so different for my boys, I hope and pray that they can look back on their childhood and remember the good times, and put the not so good ones behind them. I also hope and pray that when they have kids of their own,a long long.....long time from now, that they can make good memories with their children and not repeat the not so good ones.

That fresh, electric, smell in the air during a summer rain shower is the best smell in the world for me.....









Whats yours? Leave me a comment and tell me all about it...please....

No comments:

Post a Comment