Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving...and Shopping Part 1

  ...A wonderful combination.

   My Thanksgiving started out just as it has for the past few years with the exception this year I didn't have to run all over the country town in the pouring rain looking for a news paper thanks to a friend from school who happens to deliver papers. (Thank you)


   I enjoyed my first cup of coffee snuggled up nice and warm (and dry) on the couch making my way, for the first of many times, through the sale ads while the boys, who are both home from school slept snuggled in their beds, the cable guy watched old car shows on TV, and the dogs jockeyed for position on the couch.


   We went to my parents house for Thanksgiving dinner. Enjoyed, for the most part, spending time with my family. It always amazes me how so many people from the same family can be so different. That being said I am thankful I have a family to spend Thanksgiving with. There are so many people in the world that are alone in the world, and don't have family they can rely on and depend on. And for that I am thankful.


   After spending what seemed like an eternity hours cleaning up the kitchen and washing piles of dishes that seemed to never end(which in itself is weird since we ate on plastic!) we came home to settle in for another one of the best things about Thanksgiving dinner....that's right the post dinner NAP!


   I started working on my game plan for the big day other wise known as Black Friday...


  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment